Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...and lights!

We put our tree up on Monday for family night. The boys are too big for me to hold them up high so they can put ornaments up there, so I did the top part, Nick did the Angel at the top and the boys did the rest. This is the first year where I didn't go back once we were done to "rearrange" the ornaments that they did. They actually did a really good job so I'm just leaving it the way it is. Part of me wants to fix it, and I'm a little bugged by it, but I'm ignoring that part and letting it be. Now the inside is done being decorated so all we have left is the outside lights. Nick will do that this week next time he has a day off. He always does a great job so I will post pictures of that later.

Monday was also my birthday so we had a small celebration here at home. Nick brought home a small cake and we ordered pizza so it was our combo birthday/family night/tree decorating party. The boys made me flowers out of paper all on their own, so cute! Nick and the boys gave me a nice watch and then Nick put candles on the cake that they had me blow out. Earlier in the day I treated myself to a pedicure and then my mom and sisters treated me to lunch! I got money from my parents with which I bought Rollerblades for myself. Oh yeah, it will be fun rollerblading around our neighborhood in those! It was really a great day. Decorating the tree that night really topped it off! Here are some pictures of the day.

I just realized that I never published this post and it is now Saturday, 2 days later. I got sidetracked when I went to add pictures, LAME! Now I have more to add so here goes. Today we put up our outside lights. I know we are a little late this year. Nick finally had a day off this week to do it so that is what we did today after Cole's soccer game. Nick always does such a great job. Our house is the prettiest one on the street! Seriously, there are only like two other houses on our actual street that are decorated and they got nothin' on us. While finishing up after it was dark, people would slow down to get a look. That is when you know you've done a good job! :) Great job Nick! Okay, so I helped a bit, literally a bit, he really did 99% of it and it looks fabulous! I took pictures, but to get the full effect you have to come see them in person. For those that live in Maricopa, while you're out driving around looking at lights, come by!

The boys really get into their decorating. :)

Cole is deciding where to hang that ornament.

Jacob is also thinking hard about where to put that ornament.


They were sure interested in watching me open up the new watch I got! :)

This is the cake Nick got me. I thought it was so cute that I had to take a picture. We NEVER get to buy girlie cakes or girlie anything around here, so this will probably be one of the few true girlie things we ever do buy. I don't like the big ole 3 9 candles on display though. The cake is just too cute so how could I not take a picture? Thanks Babe, Love ya! :)

Nick wanted to take a picture of me wearing the new "ring" he got me. HAHA! It was one from the cake. Doesn't it look fabulous next to my diamond wedding ring? I should have snapped a shot of the fancy watch I got, but it was a bit big. I had to go get it sized the next day.

Here are the paper flowers the boys made me. How cute is that? They made them all on their own without Nick's help or without being asked to do it. I have GREAT kids! Love them! :) Cole's is on the left and Jacob's is on the right.

Here are the outside lights. Don't they look fabulous? This is the view looking at the right side of the house. We have 3 deers, a snowman, presents and 2 trees! You can also see the 3 big, round colored balls hanging from our big tree. We have more lights too, but we may be out of room. The big tree may be the only place that actually has space for more lights.

This is the view looking at the left side of the house and the driveway. Nick gets annoyed every year when he can't figure out a way to get lights up on the 2nd story. It's just too scary to stand up there. So we only have the one strand over the garage and then we add a lot of lights to trees and bushes and even the ground! We have some around the front door also. I LOVE this time of year and all things Christmas!

4 comments:

Sueann said...

Looking good! ;)

AZ Karen said...

It all looks great. We might actually get our tree decorated this week for fhe. Here's to hoping.

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great one.

Darren and Natalie said...

All fabulous! Love the girly cake & bling:)

utah beach kids said...

Love the lights! Looks great. How did you get lights on your driveway? If it wasn't so stinkin' cold out and snowy, we would go all out on the outside of the house. Happy late birthday!

Background