Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

Summer is officially over and the kids went back to school today. I'm having mixed emotions about that. They were really starting to get bored and needed something to do and I was really wanting them to have something to do everyday. Swimming in our pool was even getting boring for them the last few weeks. Now that they are gone and it's quiet, it's weird and so now I'm thinking that I wasn't quite ready for them to go back, LOL. Of course the school that they are at isn't quite done, so they are only going for 3 hours a day right now while they finish completing it. So, the time that they are gone is really going to go by fast and when they are finally done with the school and go back to full days, I will probably be MORE than ready to have them gone all day. It's just weird to think that my baby is already in 2nd grade. Time has gone by too fast. I never thought that we'd only have two children though so it's been a struggle for me to accept the fact that that may be all we have and to move past it. I wasn't ready to be done having kids, but the Lord had other ideas and who knows, maybe we'll still be blessed with one more.

I do have some stuff at home that I can get to now that they are gone. Cleaning my house for one. It really didn't stay clean at all this summer and I have to admit that I even stopped trying to keep it clean. Now I can clean it and maybe have it actually stay clean for more than a day. I also have a project that I need to get done. I am going to clean and organize the den. It's a mess and it overwhelms me. I want to get it arranged and set up nice so that I can have easy access to my scrapbook stuff. Once I do that, then I can be better at doing scrapbooking for the kids.

Jacob, 2nd grade - Cole 4th grade.
Here they are at home getting ready to go. They were so excited to go back to school.


Here is Cole in front of his classroom with his good buddy Dylan, and here is Jacob in front of his classroom.

This is when they were heading back to their class after flag ceremony. Jacob's teacher told them to be very quiet when walking back, to pretend they were blowing bubbles. He took that literally it looks like. At least he pays attention. HAHA.

No comments:

Background