Sunday, August 3, 2008

Surf's Up!

So the boys and I are in California, and my parents awesome neighbors love to surf. They took us out yesterday and taught Cole the basics. He got up and surfed in all the way from quite aways out. It was awesome! Here are some pictures. Nick is at home in hot Arizona, so I am posting these so that he can have proof that our nine year old did some surfin'. After seeing how fun it looked, Jacob now wants to try it. Cole told me that I need to get out there and try it. Should I dare? I'm kind of scared too. If I do, I'll have to get pictures for proof!

Here they are getting warmed up to be surfers at home before heading to the beach.


Cole looks a little tired here paddling out to the waves.

Not sure if he's going to make it. :)
Now it's time to show off Jacob doing a little boogie boarding. He didn't have an interest in surfing, but now after seeing how fun Cole had, he's ready to give it a whirl!



The surfboard is bigger than him!
Cole carried that big board pretty well. Jacob thought climbing on the huge rock was just as fun as the ocean. The wet suits they borrowed made them feel like real surfer dudes! :)

1 comment:

The Welly's said...

Wow! I am inpressed on what your sons can do! They aren't scared of anything. I don't think I would have the coodination to do surfing. Or would that be balancing?

Background