Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beach Days

Here is some more fun that we had in California. The boys loved playing in the sand and on the big rocks.

This is Cole getting started on burying Jacob.

This is the end result. Cole thought it was pretty cool that only Jacob's head could be seen!

They were looking for hidden caves in these rocks. They didn't find any though.


Is that a shark we see? Mom, there is a shark in the water! This is what I'm being told when they go out there to boogie board. There was something in the water, so I got up to inspect. I took pictures of it as it started floating on to the beach. What do you all think it looks like? I thought it was a seal, but I was wrong. Check out the progress as it comes up to the beach.

Tons of people gathered around to check out what it was. The lifeguard said it was a giant sea bass. Giant is right, and it was still alive. So then we watched as three men hauled it back out to the ocean to try and save it. The lifeguard said it was dying and probably wouldn't live long. It was so weird to see that. When we got home my dad wondered why we didn't bring it home to eat for dinner. Right...how was I going to carry that thing off the beach exactly?

So, after that excitement, and after knowing that it was NOT a shark, they went out to the water and had some fun. Cole surfed again by himself, and Jacob decided to give it a try this time. My oldest nephew took Jacob out to show him how to do it. He didn't stay out as long as Cole did, but he did get up. Here is a picture of him showing that.

Lookin' pretty good....

then Wipeout!

Guess he felt like riding in laying down.

4 comments:

Darren and Natalie said...

Yea! So glad you have a blog! Those are some AWESOME pictures! What kind of camera do you have?

Sheri Trimmer said...

Thanks! I'm no pro yet. It's taken me forever to finish. I have a small little Sony Cybershot. It does take really good pictures and it's easy to use.

sueann said...

Hey sherri! It looks like you guys had a loy of fun in Cali! I wish I was still there! haha and that giant sea bass looks pretty cool! well see ya soon!!

The Welly's said...

Wow! I love your blog! This makes me want to update mine now. I think your family has some pretty great adventures. You look like a pro out in the water. How long did it take you to bury your son in the sand like that? Did it freak you out when you saw the sea bass? It took three guys to hall it back into the water? Wow pretty big guy.

Background