Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter was a lot of fun. Nick was able to get the day off work, so we were happy about that. On Friday we dyed eggs after school. We went with a Star Wars theme this year of course, and they turned out really cute. Pretty cool actually. On Easter, the bunny paid us a visit and hid their Easter baskets really well. It took some time for the boys to find them. Sneaky bunny, hehe. ;)

Here they are working on the eggs.

Here are some of their finished eggs. They came complete with Star Wars stickers and everything.

I made this one. It's a spaceship. Yeah, I know pretty cool, haha.

The older they get the funner dying eggs is. There is not as much mess and they really do get pretty creative with it.

Easter morning right when they woke up. They were anxious to get started in finding their baskets and eggs.

They found them! Harder places this year too. I guess they are just getting too good so the bunny felt the need to make it harder on them. They sure had fun though. :)

Here they are with their loot. They each got a DS game, some candy and a book. Jacob also got a Bakugan and Cole got some Legos. They even got money that was hidden in some of the eggs. After church we went out to my parents for Easter dinner. We had a great day and enjoyed spending it with family. I love that my kids still believe in the Easter bunny. I know they won't for much longer, so for now it's great, cause it keeps them younger to me. One day I'll be sad cause they won't have that "innocence" anymore. I'm enjoying it while it lasts! :)

Hope everyone had a great Easter! I love this time of year cause it helps me to reflect on the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ! I'm thankful for the atonement and for my forever family! :)

1 comment:

Sueann said...

cool eggs! and cool beans..haha loved Easter this year!

Background