Monday, April 13, 2009

Jacob's Birthday Fun!

Saturday was Jacob's 8th birthday and we had a good time celebrating as a family. This year was just a family party, since last year he had a big friends party. He picked what he wanted us to all do that day. Next month he will be baptized and so that is when he will have a big family party to celebrate that. We went miniature golfing in the afternoon. I was a little worried cause it had rained the night before, but luckily it only sprinkled a bit while we were there. After golfing, we went out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse and we met my parents there. Jacob calls that restaurant the "saddle place" cause they sit you on a saddle and sing happy birthday to you. So funny! He wanted to wait until Sunday to blow out candles, cause we were going to go out to my parents for Easter and so he wanted to do it with all of the cousins. He got loads of birthday money, so I took him shopping on Monday so that he could spend it all. Yep, he had a great birthday this year and now we are excited for his baptism next month! Wow, I can't believe he's going to be baptized so soon. I really want to freeze time for awhile!


Here he is right when he woke up that day. He was SO excited that it was his big day!

We had to hurry up and open presents before we went anywhere or did anything.

I don't think I've ever seen tissue paper flying out of the gift bag that fast! :)
He got a Bakugan Battle Arena and some other Bakugan's to go with it. I have NO idea how the Bakugan's work, but he sure loves them.
He also got a new Razor since his is broken. I still haven't seen him ride the new one. He has been WAY to busy with all of the Bakugan stuff.
Look at those golfing stances. :)


Lookin' good birthday boy!

Here are some at the restaurant. This kid is always being goofy in pictures. I couldn't resist capturing him doing something funny.

Here is Jacob and Nick and Jacob and Cole. Yep, goofy face as usual.

Cole was trying to entertain us all at the restaurant cause he was gettin' bored. He was singing and making music with his silverware. Ha! :)

This was the best part of the night for him. He was so excited to sit on that saddle and have happy birthday sung to him. Yeehaw!

Here is his cake that we had the next day out at my parents house. Okay, I really need to explain this cake. I made Easter cookies a couple of days earlier to give to people and the frosting was pink. I had quite a bit leftover, but Jacob didn't want pink frosting on his cake. We played around with the different food colors and this is the color that he chose. He said that it's Hulk green. The writing, well I ran out of blue so I had to finish in Orange. He really didn't care what his cake looked like. We were just having a family party so it didn't need to be fancy. As long as it tasted good, which it sure did! YUM! Next month when he gets baptized, I will order one and make sure it looks a lot better. I am NOT a cake decorator by any means, haha. ;)

I used those fun Sparkler candles and they were kind of hard to blow out. :)

Having some fun on my parents trampoline. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY! WE LOVE YOU! :)

2 comments:

Steve and Sarah said...

happy birthday jacob! Let me know when he will be baptized...we would ve to come

Darren and Natalie said...

Wow. It's crazy how fast they grow!

Background