Wednesday, April 29, 2009

X-MEN Premiere! (Lots of pictures)

Monday night was the WORLD premiere of the X-MEN Wolverine movie that comes out this Friday. The premiere was held right here in Tempe, AZ. Well my friend Tracy is Hugh Jackman's BIGGEST fan so she for sure wanted to go and I figured why not? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so off we went. There were some people that had waited in line overnight just to get an up close spot at the premiere. We found out that Hugh himself called up the Paradise Bakery that is right there around 9am and ordered bagels, muffins, and juice for everyone that was there early in the morning waiting. After we heard that we were bummed that we didn't get there a little sooner, haha. We got there around 2pm and actually had a really good view of all the actors. If we would have pushed through just a little bit more, we would have been close enough to get an autograph or to even touch him. Oh yeah! The people that had tickets to see the movie that night with the actors, were actually allowed to walk on the red carpet with the stars and get pictures with them. The lucky ducks! We were wishing we had tickets! Here are some up close pictures of the day for people to drool over, haha.

They had these posters up everywhere.

This is as close as I was able to get to Hugh. There was security all around and we weren't quite close enough to touch the real stars.
Tracy and I waiting so patiently for the actors to arrive. Hugh arrived on a motorcycle! It was so cool.
He was really so nice to all of the fans that were there. :)

Someone gave him a shirt to sign. Lucky people that got autographs!

Wow, he's HOT! :)
Signing an autograph and then holding the mic from a TV crew out for the crowd to scream into. So much energy from the crowd, it was awesome.
We could tell that he was really genuinely excited to be there.

See how close we were! I had to take one of his backside too! ;)

He's signing autographs and talking to the news people.
Ryan Reynolds plays Deadpool in the movie and he is also another Hottie! ;)
Of course I had to get one of his backside too, LOL. He was super nice to the fans also.

Shaking hands with the crowd. Again, we were almost close enough to touch him!

Liev Schreiber plays Sabretooth in the movie.

Taylor Kitsch plays Gambit.

Lynn Collins plays Kayla in the movie.

Lynn Collins and Taylor Kitsch.

We had a blast and it was an experience that I will never forget! Who knows when another premiere will ever come to AZ again?! Thanks Tracy for going with me! Enjoy the pictures everyone, hehehe. ;)

3 comments:

The Scotts said...

Okay I am laughing so hard. I found your blog through Karen Jensen and saw all my picture on here! I love looking at them and can't stop. You got some great ones too. Yes when I took that behind shot I was very happy to get it!!

Sheri Trimmer said...

Okay, that is funny! Your pictures turned out WAY better than mine, so I posted more of yours than of mine, LOL. The one I took of his backside didn't turn out nearly as good as yours. Everytime I tried to get an up close one of him, those dumb people kept holding that pizza box up in my way. Wow, what a small world! :)

AZ Karen said...

Ok..so how do you and Shanon know each other? Small world, huh?

Background