Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Baby Turns 8!

Oh man, as I sit here typing this post I'm thinking where has the time gone? My baby can't be 8! PLEASE tell me that's not true! This is a bittersweet day for me. I'm sad cause he's getting so grown up and he's my BABY, but I'm also happy cause he's 8 and will be getting baptized next month. He's also in Scouts now, which really makes him seem even more grown up. I just never thought that we would be done having kids after only two. I always thought that I'd be blessed with at least 4 kids. That was our plan any way. Obviously, the Lord has different plans in mind. I still feel like I'm supposed to have one more, but we'll see how that works out. I have come to terms with it all, and I do feel really blessed to have the two wonderful children that I have. I couldn't ask for two better kids. They aren't supposed to grow up so fast though. Anyone have some ideas on how to "freeze" time so that I can squeeze a few more years out of them? Here are some super cute pictures of Jacob that I thought I'd share since he's the birthday boy today. He is so excited to be 8, and it's because of this excitement that I'm putting on a happy face. Otherwise, I'd be spending the day in bed having a pity party and being sad about my kids growing up! I will post some current pictures of his big day later after we finish celebrating!

Here's his picture that was taken in the hospital. He was a chubby little thing.

He is 3 months old in both of these pictures. The one on the left was when we went to California that summer and we went to Legoland. Look at those cheeks! It's one of my favorite pictures of him. He is also 3 months old in the one on the right. It's his first studio picture. The kid is all Sorenson! :)

These two were taken on his birthday last year. The one on the left was taken when he first woke up in the morning and in the one on the right, he is enjoying his birthday cake and ice cream.

Happy Birthday Jacob! We love you! :)

1 comment:

Sueann said...

He's so cute and funny! I seriously can not believe he is 8...so crazy these kids just keep on getting older and older ....stop the clock pleas! :)

Background