Monday, January 26, 2009

History was made!

I'm a little late with this post, but it seems that I haven't been posting as much this month for some reason. Last week history was made, twice!

First, the Cardinals won the play-offs and they are heading to the Superbowl! Yay! It's the 1st time in 61 years, so it's a pretty BIG deal, especially at our house! Nick is a HUGE Cardinals fan. Being from Arizona he likes to support our local teams, even when they would continually lose. He is VERY happy that they FINALLY won! Too bad the Superbowl was here last year instead of this year. That would have been cool to have it be here, but I wonder how much those tickets would have cost? Hmmm? You know we will be watching it at our house and Nick is even going to take the day off of work so he won't miss it! Go Cardinals! :)

Then two days later was the Presidential Inauguration. Our new President was sworn into office. Yes, I would have preferred to have Mitt Romney in there or even John McCain, but what am I gonna do? To think about the fact that this country actually elected a black President, just shows how far we've come. That was unheard of 50 years ago and it makes me proud to be an American! I hope it works out and I hope he does a good job. He's done a couple of things already that has me worrying, but who knows, maybe he is just what this country needs. This is me being positive and supporting him. I could be like all of those Bush haters and boo him, but that wouldn't make me a very good American, would it? Let's give our new President our support and our prayers! If you're an Obama fan, please don't flame me. :)

While you're at it, pray for the Cardinals too! A win for them would simply be, well words can't describe the reaction that my husband would make if they won. I'll be sure to have the video camera on hand so in case they win I can get it all on tape. I'm sure it will be a reaction that is blog worthy. Yep, can't wait! :)

1 comment:

Sueann said...

Rock on Cards!!!! WHooooooo

Background