Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's Your Favorite?

Since it's a New Year, I thought that I would ask the kids what some of their favorite things are. I do this often, but I have never documented it. Since they've gotten older, I thought that maybe things have changed with them, so here is what they have to say to some common questions.

Cole
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite pastime: Playing the Wii
When I grow up I want to be: A professional baseball player
Favorite book: Magic Tree House Books
Favorite song: Super Massive Blackhole (Twilight CD)
Favorite movie: Star Wars 3, Revenge of the Sith
Favorite thing I got for Christmas? Star Wars Legos
Favorite shirt: Brandon Webb Diamondbacks Shirt
Best Friends: Alexander and Dylan S.
Favorite subject at school: Math (he is a freak when it comes to math, no joke, really good!)
What do you like most about yourself? I'm good at sports
Favorite candy: Hershey Bar
Favorite food: Barbeque Chicken
What's the best thing about 4th grade: My teacher and friends

Jacob
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite pastime: Playing the Wii
When I grow up I want to be: A police officer
Favorite book: Spiderwick Chronicles
Favorite song: Super Massive Blackhole (Twilight CD)
Favorite movie: Star Wars 5, Empire Strikes Back
Favorite thing I got for Christmas? Star Wars Clone Wars Helmet
Favorite shirt: Pirates of the Carribbean
Best Friends: Dylan T, Derek R, Ethan, and Noah
Favorite subject at school: Language Arts (wow, he sounds like me, I liked this too!)
What do you like most about yourself? I'm funny
Favorite candy: Twix
Favorite food: Chicken Farfalle and Goulash
What's the best thing about 2nd grade: Get to play with friends

Things I learned from these lists today:
1. My boys LOVE Star Wars!
2. They both LOVE chocolate!
3. They like the same song (no I didn't influence them in that choice at all)
4. Cole loves baseball, A LOT! Jacob doesn't like sports near as much
5. They are different to when it comes to school. Jacob doesn't care for math at all, like me!
6. They are similar in ways, but also quite different.
7. I discovered I was right, some of their favorites have changed, especially since Christmas!

I did not coerce my boys into any of these answers. They came up with them on their own. I know that their love of chocolate comes from me though and they also like the Twilight CD, well because honestly, I play it in the car quite a bit. :)

2 comments:

Sueann said...

What cute little guys...cute list!

Darren and Natalie said...

What a good idea... very fun to see into their personalities.

Background