Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Recipe # 3

This recipe makes a lot, so I usually half it unless I'm taking it to a family for dinner or if I'm taking it to a potluck. This is Jacob's favorite meal that I make. He eats leftovers for lunch all week. It's so easy too and really yummy!

Goulash
1 lb lean ground beef
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans creamy tomato soup
oregano, pepper, basil, and Lawry's Seasoned Salt to taste
1 16 oz. box Barilla large shell pasta (you can use any kind of pasta shapes.)

Throw all your spices, soups, and ground beef in the crock pot and cook on high for 5 hours. I put my meat in there frozen that's why it needs to cook at least 5 hours on high so the meat will be completely cooked. After cooking for 5 hours, turn down to low. Cook pasta over stove as per directions on the box. Drain pasta, and add to the crock pot for 30 more minutes on low. This gets the spices and meat to blend good with the pasta. Serve with parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese as topping. Here are some pictures of it. They don't make it look great, but it really is good and super easy to make.


This is it in the crockpot just before serving.

This is what it looks like when it's done. I have it served with corn and a roll. No, I'm not fancy enough to use something other than a paper plate. :)

No comments:

Background