Saturday, May 23, 2009

Young Love....

Jacob came home the other day full of excitement. He said he received a love letter from his "girlfriend", and that I needed to read it. This is our conversation:

Jacob: "I got a love letter today, read it, it's the best thing ever".

Me: "Oh really? How do you know it's a love letter"?

Jacob: "Because she signed it Love"!

Me: "Okay, well you can't get love letters already, you're only 8"!

Jacob: ~rolls eyes~, "Yes I can mom, I love her and she loves me. We have a lot in common too".

Me: Hahahaha! I then read the letter and tell him that I thought it was really sweet.

Jacob: "I know it is, I told you it was".

He's in 2nd grade! Isn't that a little early? This made me laugh the rest of the night. This love story doesn't have a happy ending though. This little girl is moving to Peoria soon and he is really sad! Poor Jacob! I'm sure he will be just fine, because he has also told me that there are some other girls at school who like him, LOL. Man, he is going to be a little heartbreaker one day I'm afraid. This is only the beginning too, it's only going to get worse as he gets older, haha. ;)

Here is a picture of the letter. He will probably get mad if he knows I put it on here, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him, haha. Besides as a mother, I get to show off things like this. ;)












Awwww, so sweet! She means that he is good at skipping rocks. :)

1 comment:

Vicki Johnson said...

This is one of my favorite stories of all time and I have told it lots.
Thank you for sharing it!

Background