Friday, October 17, 2008

My Ode to Sugar!

Oh my dear sugar, how I love you cause you taste oh so sweet. Yet how I hate you cause you're not good for my body. Three years ago I stopped eating you and felt better and lost a lot of weight. Then something made with your sweet substance tempted me and I could no longer fight my feelings any longer. I gave in to the temptation and haven't been able to stop eating you since. I started trying to substitute you with Nutrasweet, until I read that they originally made that to kill rats. That was poison I was putting in my body so again, I went back to my original true love. Just today I ate a piece of leftover cake that someone from a party last night convinced me to take. I knew I should resist but my children were tempting me to take it cause they promised they would eat it. Well no kids or husband are home right now so the cake sits in the kitchen taunting me with it's lucious sugar filled buttercream frosting. How could I say no? Then forgetting about the cake I had just eaten I thought I would make sugar cookies for the kids to frost and decorate for Halloween when they get home. How could I not? The dough tastes just like sugar cookie dough should taste. Filled with your delicious substance. Just wait til they are covered in yummy, sugar filled frosting. You make chocolate taste the best, and that is by far the hardest to resist. Why do you tempt me so, dear sugar? Exercise I must, but where and when can I fit that in? Oh you're my weakness and I wish I could hate you, but hating you isn't an option so I will try my hardest to avoid you and not give in to your daily temptations. So I bid you farewell until next time one of your devine desserts calls to me like a Siren, making it oh so hard for me to say, "not this time, dear sugar"!

This is for everyone out there who has an addiction to sugar! Hi, my name is Sheri and I'm addicted to sugar! Whew! I admitted it and that is the first step. :) My work here is done. I'm off to bake those sugar cookies for my kids so they can frost me one when they get home! HAHA! If you all want the recipe I found it here. http://clousecousinscookin.blogspot.com/2008/10/easy-sugar-cookies.html Now does anyone have a recipe for Monkey Bread? I've been wanting to make that for awhile now. :)

Please share your weakness. It will make me feel better if I'm not the only one with an addiction to something, LOL. :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

You are hilarious! I know how you feel! As for monkey bread, yes, I have a delicious recipe. I'll email it to you. When you make it, take a picture and I'll put it on the clouse cousins blog.

Marsha said...

I am a fellow sugar addict. As soon as the kids are asleep, I am on the hunt looking for anything with sugar, preferably chocolate or ice cream. Life's short - eat dessert first. (I'm Amy's sister.)

Sueann said...

Ya I know how that is!!! I have been stealing Trevors candy all morning! ha

utah beach kids said...

Tell me about it! You're so funny. I love this time of year but hate it also cause there are treats everywhere tempting me. So pass the chocolate......

Erick & Molly said...

I am right there with ya sista!! Seriously tho....I cannot resist!!! I have NO willpower whatsoever!!! I just accept it and go on with life! Life's short why not enjoy a treat!!!

Background