Friday, October 10, 2008

Recipe # 5

I didn't cook on Sunday cause we got invited to dinner, thanks for that by the way, so my dinner that was going to be on Sunday was actually on Tuesday instead. It was a new one to us. I've never made it before, but it turned out really good. We all really liked it. Even Cole who is picky about his chicken. It wasn't too orangey tasting either.

Crock Pot Chicken Ala Orange
8 frozen boneless skinless chicken -breast halves
12 oz Jar orange marmalade
1/2 cup Russian dressing
1 tbsp Dried parsley, or to taste

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine marmalade and dressing. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hrs. Serve with rice.

This is what it looks like in the crock pot. I've started using those crock pot liners. They are so nice and really make an easy clean up!

Here is what it looks like when it's done. It's better served over rice but this was Cole's plate. He can't have different foods touching each other. :) I poured some of the leftover sauce onto my chicken.

5 comments:

karen said...

i bought a box of crockpot liners once, and every single one still leaked. Did yours leak? It was annoying! I still had to scrub baked on junk.. although it was a reduced amount of baked on junk that i had to scrub off, but I don't think I should have to do that when I use a stinkin use a liner! LOL

Sheri Trimmer said...

Mine have never leaked, weird. I love them cause I literally throw it away then I barely have to wash out the crockpot. So easy. You do have to be careful to not puncture them. I have almost done that before.

karen said...

maybe i got a bum box. I'll have to try them again!

Darren and Natalie said...

I haven't been blog oggling for awhile! Love your posts. This looks like a yummy recipe-- I'll have to try it in the near future!

Amy said...

This looks yum! I do check your blog occassionally! Your boys are sure getting big. Amy Lunt

Background