Monday, October 13, 2008

Rawhide!

It really cooled off this weekend, so we decided on Friday night to do something fun outdoors with the kids. We took them to Rawhide to see doom town that they have there during October. I must say, it was pretty creepy. My niece, Savannah, who is Cole's exact age, was hanging out with us and all 3 of the kids were pretty scared. We saw the headless horseman, the coffin maker a scary clown man and some other unknown creatures. I was freaked out cause some scary man kept following behind me a little close. I had to run just to lose him. My niece thinks he had a crush on me, haha! I don't think that's true. He was doing the same thing to all the women there.

We decided to venture through the haunted house and that was even more creepy! Mike Myers came at us with a chainsaw at the end of the haunted house. I've never seen the kids run that fast before. I was laughing so hard that I had tears when I came out of there. I had Savannah and Jacob hanging on my arms and hiding behind my back. Cole wouldn't let go of Nick for one minute either. Jacob loves Rawhide cause he loves to see the cowboys that walk around. He got dressed in his cowboy gear complete with his Mickey Mouse cowboy hat and his boots! :)

Jacob ---- Cole

Here they are acting like real cowboys behind this cowboy cut out. Sometimes night pictures turn out blurry on my camera. Not sure why. Savannah is in the middle.

Here's me and the kids in this old, rickety horse carriage. I was a little nervous that we would make it come crashing to the ground cause it is so old.

This is the creepy guy that kept following us around. Savannah had to keep her eye in him. I was nervous too. I didn't dare get too close and I'm posing in my running position for a quick getaway. HAHA! :)

The coffin maker was measuring Jacob for a coffin. He kept following people with his big stick.

Here's our little cowboy. He really wanted to ride a real horse but all of the real horses had scary people riding them like the headless horseman. He kept his distance from them. A skeleton from the haunted house squirted water on us so that's what is on his shirt in case some of you are wondering if that's sweat or something else.

We managed to get the little rascals in jail, but they soon found their way out and before you knew it they had repented of their ways and were being sworn in as honorary sherriff's! :)

Here's a picture of them with their new boss, the Sherriff!

Jacob was intrigued with the real cowboys there that could twirl their guns around. He tried doing it like them, but he needs quite a bit of practice still.

Here's Mike Myers as he comes chasing people with his chain saw at the end of the haunted house. He was being shy so I didn't get a very clear picture of his face.

We had such a good time there! I haven't been to Rawhide before at Halloween time, so it was neat to see all the fun things there. It's free to get in, but then they do charge you for things to do once you're in there. We didn't eat there, but I did have a craving for steak once we left. I have no Sunday recipe this week cause we barbecued steaks for Sunday dinner, in honor of Rawhide! HAHA. I also think that the Charlie Daniels song I have on my playlist goes perfect with this post! :) Happy Halloween everyone!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I would have flipped out going there. I couldn't handle Knott's Scary Farm when I was in high school...ran away screaming from every scary, creepy monster. Too scary for me!

Sueann said...

Hahahaha....looks like they all had a great time! Thx for taking Savannah! I am sure she will never forget that experience.

Gailine said...

Looks like fun. We have not been there in awhile. Looks like it may be time to go back.

AZ Karen said...

It looks like everyone had fun, despite having the pants scared off them. I'd have been having nightmares for a week.

p.s. I added you to our sidebar...sorry about that. The funny thing is that just yesterday I thought...I can't remember if Sheri has a blog or not...

Thanks for the reminder.

Background