Thursday, October 23, 2008

Recipe # 6

Since we had a potluck with family on Sunday, I didn't make anything new. Instead I made the Garlic Chicken Farfalle for the potluck and my entire family loved it. That is the best thing to make for potlucks cause it makes a ton and there was plenty for everyone to have some. So, last night is when I made something new. I made my friend Julie's recipe, Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup. It was delish! You can find the recipe here. http://huwishes.blogspot.com/2008/10/its-soup-for-dinner-tonight.html My kids who are pretty picky eaters even loved it. I had some leftovers today for lunch too! Thanks for the great recipe Julie! Tracy, I thought of you yesterday while I was making it. You need to try it!

I didn't use bread bowls like she suggests because I didn't know where to get them from. I want to get them the next time I make it though. Does anyone know where in AZ I can get bread bowls at? I also cooked my chicken in the crock pot on high for 3 hours and then shredded it before adding it to the rest of the ingredients. I love making soups this time of year cause they are easy and they are great for cooler weather. I know 90 degrees during the day isn't very cool, but it does get nice and cool at dinner time. This is so YUMMY!

4 comments:

Sueann said...

You can get them at the bread store. I know the bread basket has them and around halloween they look like a pumpkin. really cute!

According to Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I'm so glad you liked the soup!

AZ Karen said...

Sheri, I think you can get bread bowls at Bashas.

Background