Sunday, November 9, 2008

Celebrating 13 years of Marital....BLISS!

Mine and Nick's 13th wedding anniversary is today, Sunday. Last night we went out on a date, just the two of us, and celebrated. We went to dinner with no kids whining and embarrassing us at a nice restaurant and then we went to a movie. Today is the actual day and he unfortunately has to work. So, I've been reflecting on the past 13 years and I do have to say that they haven't been perfect by any means, but I wouldn't trade them for anything either. Sure we've had our ups and downs, who hasn't, but we've also had some really, really good times when it was just the two of us and of course since we've had kids. But, now that we've come this far, I LOVE where we're at. Nick is my best friend. I can tell him anything. After 13 years we have great respect for each other and I'm more in love with him now than I was when we first got married. He makes me laugh and he works hard every day for our family and that allows me to stay home and watch our boys grow. I'm so grateful for that. He is a terrific father and husband. Our kids adore him. I feel blessed that we are a forever family. This post is dedicated to him on our special day. Happy Anniversary honey! Thank you for all you do for us! I love you! :)

Here are some pictures, past and present, that I want to share. The past ones may be a little scary looking. My scanner is broken so I had to take a picture of them with my camera.

This is right before we got engaged. Boy do we look young! I don't think I will ever be that skinny again. After all this picture is PRE-Pregnancy weight!

This is our wedding day. The picture on the left isn't a very clear copy. Again, we look so different. I weighed 105 pounds when we got married. Yeah, pretty sure those days are gone. :(

These were both taken last night before we went out. Cole took the one on the left and Jacob took the one on the right. Not bad I must say. They take pretty good pictures. Nick is trying to look cool and I don't know what I'm doing. We're both a few pounds heavier, and a little more wrinkled around the edges, but more in love than ever.

Now that I've made you all want to barf, you are free to get up and go puke from all this mush if you must! ;)

UPDATE: After I started this post, Nick called and had car trouble on the way home from work and had to wait for 2 hours for roadside assistance. Not a fun way to spend our anniversary. At least we had a good time together last night! So sorry dear.

5 comments:

karen said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Kelee said...

Sheri! Finally, we find you! Your boys are so cute! Gotta love boys! You need to call us when you come up! So glad to find you!

Sueann said...

wow you guys are getting up there in years! That means Greg and I are getting close to our 20th. Sounds like a fun time. Looking back I have to say its a journey together isnt it. We love you guys and your cute little fam! :)

Enjoy the rest of your journey together!

Sueann said...

Wow thats great! Sounds like you had a great time. We sure love you guys and your cute little family. :) ;)

utah beach kids said...

Happy Anniversary Sheri & Nick! We had your Brown Sugar Chicken last night.....yum :)

Background