Thursday, November 13, 2008

Monkey Bread!

So I asked a few weeks ago if anyone had a recipe for Monkey Bread. I'm happy to report that my good friend Amy came through for me. I'm posting it cause it is SOOO YUMMY and super easy. It's like cinnamon rolls, but better I think. I meant to post it sooner, but I kept forgetting. You all must make it for breakfast sometime. Jacob told me that I make the best cinnamon rolls ever after he ate it. That kid is easy to please though. Thanks Amy! :)

Monkey Bread
Amy Lunt

18 frozen dinner rolls (Rhodes)
½ C. brown sugar
1 small pkg. regular butterscotch pudding mix (not instant, it has to be cook and serve kind)
½ C. melted margarine
½ C. chopped nuts (I didn't use nuts cause I'm not a big fan of them)
sprinkle cinnamon on top (optional- I did this and I think it's better with it)

Place frozen rolls in greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle on dry ingredients. Pour melted margarine over all. Sprinkle cinnamon all over. Cover with foil, then a dishcloth. Let stand on counter overnight. In the morning, bake at 325ยบ for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes then invert onto plate. Best when served warm.

So GOOD people! Go now to get what you need to make it for Saturday morning cause you have to prepare it Friday night. ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

We have it every Christmas morning. I am looking forward to it again!!! I always put pecans on mine, though. Glad you liked it.

karen said...

hey that's my exact same recipe!!

I also leave out the nuts and sprinkler with cinnamon! I also add some fresh grated nutmeg during the cold months ;)

Background