Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!

We had such a good time this year on Halloween. We started the night out by going to our wards Trunk or Treat. Games, face painting, cotton candy, chili, cake walk, and did I mention Trunk or Treating for CANDY! Once we left there we headed to our good friends, the Stradlings neighborhood to go Trick or Treating with them. We don't get a lot of kids in our neighborhood and they had TONS of kids and TONS of houses passing out candy. Plus, they had a haunted house in the area that was small, but SCARED the boys a bit. People were jumping out at them at different houses as well. One guy was laying down in his yard with a scary mask on and I could have sworn it wasn't a real person. Jacob was brave and walked over to him and the guy almost GRABBED his leg and scared the crap out of Jacob. Those were his words, "He scared the crap out of me!" HAHA! Two of the Stradling boys are their exact same age and were also dressed up as Star Wars characters. We didn't even plan that but it was great cause they all matched and looked AWESOME together. Sparky had other plans for the costume I bought him. I struggled for 20min with that mutt trying to put the costume on him and I just didn't succeed. He wanted to chew it instead. He was so wiggly that I'm surprised I even got it halfway on him. I gave up and so we didn't have Yoda with us this year. Here are some fun pictures of the evening.

Here is Luke and Darth Vader before we left the house. I don't think the real Luke would be putting up with that blade so close to his throat from Darth Vader, do you?
Here they are in their fighting stance. I kept waiting for Cole to say, "Luke, I am your father", but he never did, LOL!

Here they are at the Trunk or Treat, Cole without a mask. We even found a Yoda! This is the Patton's little boy. He is so cute, I had to take a picture. He didn't want to have his picture taken though so I had to make it quick. Isn't he cute? Wise one he is! (In my Yoda voice) :)


Here they are with the Stradling boys at Trunk or Treat. Jacob as Luke and Ethan as Anakin. Dylan as a Clone Trooper and Cole as Darth Vader. How much cotton candy can Jacob eat? He has one in each hand. HAHA!

Here we are posing with some scary characters. Can you guess which one is the real person and which one is the statue? The one with me in the picture is the.... not telling!

And here are all four of the Star Wars kids in front of the Stradlings house after Trick or Treating. I think they all look so great together! Cool how that worked out. Cole and Jacob have been wearing their costumes and playing Star Wars since Halloween ended. These costumes are going to get a good workout, that's for sure. :) Halloween 2008 was a HUGE success!

Thanks everyone for a GREAT time!

2 comments:

Sueann said...

fun fun ! They look sooo cute. I bet they had a great time. love it

utah beach kids said...

Hey Sheri-
I'm lovin' this blogging thing. Its fun to see what you guys are up to. Cute boys, love the new car :) We are big Star Wars fans up here....love the costumes. I'll be trying some of your recipes too :)

Background