Monday, November 10, 2008

Vote 4 Cole 4 VP!

That is what his poster said when he decided to run for VP at school last week. He gave a speech in front of the 4-6 graders and he was slightly nervous. For those of you who know Cole really well, you know that he has a reserved and shy nature about him. Speaking in front of people is not his strong suit by any means. I have to bribe him sometimes just to get him to bear his testimony. (is that bad?) He turns about 5 shades of red. He is actually a lot like me. I was terribly shy when I was younger and I would also turn shades of red whenever I had to speak in front of a large group of people. Getting out in the real world cured me of that. Now for those of you who know me really well, know that I'm no longer shy and I even like to speak my mind. My hope is that Cole will eventually grow out of his shyness too. I think it's sweet right now, but I know he's going to hate it when he gets older.

When he prepared his speech, he did it totally on his own. He didn't want any help. He practiced it in front of Nick and I and he did a really good job. When it came time to talk in front of his classmates, well he left a few things out. He even acknowledged that. He said he was really nervous. I knew that because his face was bright red! I think he did great and I'm glad I was there to watch it and record it. He didn't win, a 6th grader did, but for his 1st year at running for something, he did awesome! I think by the time he's a 6th grader, he might even possibly win! :) Way to go Cole! We're proud of you!

Here's some pictures with all the candidates. That dang sun, I couldn't get a decent picture. Cole's on the end.

Here's one after it was over. He looks relieved!


Okay, here's his speech. I bet people are sorry now that he didn't win. He promised to bring back pizza Fridays and dress down days every Friday meaning NO uniforms on Fridays! For those of you who don't know about this school, that is GOLD! He hates wearing uniforms everyday and there isn't a cafeteria at the school, so last year they brought in pizza every Friday for the kids that wanted it and paid for it. This year they aren't doing that so they have to bring a lunch from home everyday. The kids LOVE pizza Friday, and so do I! He also promised MORE parties that will be super fun and 5 minutes extra of recess and lunch! ;) Love ya bud! We think you're great and you're our pick for VP! :)

2 comments:

Sueann said...

That is so AWESOME! He is the cutest ever....you have our vote cole! <3<3 xoxo

Rebecca said...

I have totally forgotten completely about Pizza Fridays until just now.

Background