Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nick's Birthday!

Yesterday was Nick's birthday. He is 38 now. For those keeping track, yes last weekend was our anniversary. Easier for him to remember that way. ;) We had a good time celebrating the day with him. He actually had the day off of work, so we were able to do several things. First, my parents came over to give him happy birthday wishes. Then the boys and I made him a cake, nothing fancy, but still a cake. He opened presents and then we went out to dinner to his choice of restaurant. He chose PF Changs. Yummy! I had never been there before, and I thought it was quite good.

After dinner we went and rode some go-karts. That is what he chose to do. He really wanted to do the high speed ones, but the kids aren't old enough to go on those and we were trying to find something we could all do together. We decided on Crackerjax in Scottsdale. It's a Fiddlesticks type place but their karts are WAY better I think, and faster too. We had a really good time! Of course I forgot my camera when we left the house so I don't have any pictures of us riding the karts, but the kids rode the little kiddie track by themselves, then Nick and I had our turn on the big track and then we rode it again with the boys in a two seater with each of us. We had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Nick! I hope you had a good time. Next is my birthday and there are already some fun things in the works for that. :)

Nick keeps mumbling about how old he is now and he's seriously asking for it. I'm 38 now and soon to be 39, yes I'm older than him, and if he doesn't quit mumbling about how old 38 is, he's going to get smacked! Man, that hurt to write my upcoming age. I don't feel it though and neither one of us act like it so I'll just pretend that we're really not approaching the big, too painful,
4-0! :) Here are some pictures that I took before we left the house.

I only had to mention the phrase, "let's bake daddy a cake", and the boys went and grabbed their chefs outfits and got ready to help! Too cute!

They are quite the little helpers.

Yep, looks like cake ingredients to me. Jacob loves to push the blender arm down.

Here is their finished cake. Like I said nothing fancy, but I did at least get candles for it. Those are candles that spell out happy birthday. I thought they were pretty cool.

I managed to snap this shot just at the right time. :)

Um yeah, my husband got a little excited about the fact that it's his birthday. He's a good jokester with the kids and he was really putting on a good show for them. Check out their faces. They couldn't believe their daddy was able to jump so high. They're looking at him like he's nuts! Like I said, neither one of us act our age. He is nuts! :) I couldn't stop laughing! He is catching some serious air!

Okay, now I think I know where Jacob gets his goofy faces that he makes practically every time I take a picture of him. What in the world is Nick making this face for? Yep, Jacob takes after his father for sure! :)

Happy Birthday daddy! We sure love you, goofiness and all! :)

1 comment:

Sueann said...

hha fun times! Happy Birthday Nick! (old goat) ha Gregs is coming up on Friday yippee BIG 42 baby!.:)

Background