Thursday, November 6, 2008

Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe

Yes, this recipe calls for Brown Sugar. It's soooo good! Seriously, go to the store now to get the ingredients. You need to make this for dinner. Nick likes this so much that it almost beat out his most favorite chicken recipe that I make in the crockpot. The 1st one I listed. I found this recipe here. This lady uses her crockpot every day! I also have her link listed under my favorite websites.

Ingredients:
-12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or 6 boneless, skinless breast halves
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (stay with me...)
-2/3 cup white vinegar
-3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
-2 T soy sauce
-1 tsp ground black pepper

The Directions:
Plop the chicken into your crockpot. Cover with the brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, and soy sauce. Add the vinegar, and pour in the soda. It will bubble! Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or on high for 4-5. The chicken is done when it is cooked through and has reached desired consistency. The longer you cook it, the more tender it will be. Serve over a bowl of white rice with a ladle full of the broth.

Here is the picture from her website.

The boys inhaled this. Nick raved all night about how good it is. It really is some of the best chicken I've ever made. The Crockpot lady, (that's what I call her) has some great recipes and I plan on trying more. I will post the ones that I like best on here. So go now to the store and get what you need to make this for dinner this weekend. It's awesome!

2 comments:

Sueann said...

Mmmmmm sounds tasty! I think I will have to make that on Sunday.
xoxo

utah beach kids said...

Hey Sher-
Sounds way good. Got my Sunday dinner idea....thanks

Background